comfort是什么意思 comfort在线翻译 comfort什么意思 comfort的意思 comfort的翻译 comfort的解释 comfort的发音 comfort的同义词 comfort的反义词
comfort英 [ˈkʌmfət] 美 [ˈkʌmfərt]
名词舒适; 安慰; 使人舒服的事物; 给予援助或安慰的人或事
1. They tried to comfort her, but what could they say?
1. He lived in comfort.
2. Sometimes a few words of comfort to the one who has just failed may encourage him to stand up and even try to make a comeback.
3. We could give him no comfort.
4. She was a great comfort to me when I was ill.
1. To deal with the use of both sides of the face, the left side are concave thumb position, the use of anti-network design, the right side to support the design and ring for intense and long-lasting comfort to provide the best games and the most control of.
2. It provides you with a sense of comfort that you have recovered the money that you invested.
3. I don't want to have the listening class, so I put the big earphone while the volume is zero; I have no desire to have the oral English class, so I must be the one who doesn't preview the task; I can't pay attention to the grammar class, so the most terrible thing for me is that my cellphone battary runs down in the class; I hate the PE class, so I calculate on the teacher to continue his nonsense; I'm afraid of realising my fault, so I keep going to the library to comfort myself.
4. In addition to a new white house and a fancy jet, one of the perks of Barack Obama's new job is a brand new black limousine, carefully appointed and armoured for his comfort and protection.
5. The air was fresh and fragrant; it gave people a feeling of exceptional coolness and comfort.
6. High abrasion lining for maximum wear and comfort.
7. Stable performance, reliability, security, and whether the use of bicycle safety or comfort, are similar with other products which could not be compared.
8. It has been orientated towards the south to give to this area the best comfort possible.
9. Provides your pet with a low level of therapeutic heat along with the comfort of an orthopedic foam core.
10. You should know what kind of services a cruise ship offers to ensure you maximum comfort and relaxation.
11. We'll hit Pappa Joe tonight, |right in the comfort of his own home.
12. This durable insulated white and blue dog house will let your pet relax in comfort and style.
13. He preserved and saved his life, gave him rest (a term implying comfort, peace of heart and circumstance), brought joy to his heart, put his feet upon solid ground so that he might not stumble (116:8), and God delivered his soul from death.
14. He got good grades in the school, especially in biology and chemistry, which was a great comfort.
15. The Chevrolet Aveo5's exterior is complemented by a quiet passenger cabin that features well-crafted details and generous standard features that enhance comfort.
16. They are now living in relative comfort.
17. I mean, on the contrary, I'm looking for more comfort because the world is very abrasive.
18. It is proposed that to control only surface temperature of radiator in radiant heating design is not enough, and the comprehensive consideration should be given to the influence of surface temperature of radiator and back temperature of radiator in adjacent room on the room comfort.
19. Laguna will also set up new standard in terms of comfort and refinement.
20. I`m angry now! Comfort me!!
If you are doing something in comfort, you are physically relaxed and contented, and are not feeling any pain or other unpleasant sensations.
e.g. This will enable the audience to sit in comfort while watching the shows...
e.g. The shoe has padding around the collar, heel and tongue for added comfort.
Comfort is a style of life in which you have enough money to have everything you need.
e.g. Surely there is some way of ordering our busy lives so that we can live in comfort and find spiritual harmony too.
Comfort is what you feel when worries or unhappiness stop.
e.g. He welcomed the truce, but pointed out it was of little comfort to families spending Christmas without a loved one...
e.g. He will be able to take some comfort from inflation figures due on Friday...
If you refer to a person, thing, or idea as a comfort, you mean that it helps you to stop worrying or makes you feel less unhappy.
e.g. At least he has given her a child who will be a great comfort to her in the years ahead...
e.g. It's a comfort talking to you...
If you comfort someone, you make them feel less worried, unhappy, or upset, for example by saying kind things to them.
e.g. Ned put his arm around her, trying to comfort her.
Comforts are things which make your life easier and more pleasant, such as electrical devices you have in your home.
e.g. She enjoys the material comforts married life has brought her...
e.g. Electricity provides us with warmth and light and all our modern home comforts...
If you say that something is, for example, too close for comfort, you mean you are worried because it is closer than you would like it to be.
e.g. The bombs fell in the sea, many too close for comfort...
e.g. Although crimes against visitors were falling, the levels of crime were still too high for comfort.
1. The Dreamliner's other innovations include greater levels of comfort for passengers, with higher humidity levels within the cabin expected to reduce passenger dehydration.
2. Since the Games began a large portion of the country has been watching the action unfold from the comfort of their sofas.
3. My father's " candle spirit " has lighted many people's lives and brought comfort, happiness and improved the standard of living for many.
4. The model meets Euro III emissions standards, and offers both comfort like a sedan and excellent carrying capacity.
5. Customers are more rewarded with psychological comfort than the actual money they can save from the modest price cut.
6. With a longer wheelbase and larger rear space, the new BMW models will have more luxury equipment to cater to passengers'comfort needs.
7. Each time we retreat from daring into the warm comfort of caution the more insipid we become as human beings.
8. It's when we're sick and our bodies are craving comfort that we should inflict more pain through acupuncture's needle pricks or cupping's flaming bruises.
9. They long for leaving the cold steel and cement cities, returning to the nature and enjoying the leisure and comfort.
10. For people living south of the Yellow River, the question is whether they will ever enjoy the comfort of central heating.
1. assistance, such as that provided to an enemy or to a known criminal
e.g. it gave comfort to the enemy
2. the act of consoling
giving relief in affliction
e.g. his presence was a consolation to her
3. bedding made of two layers of cloth filled with stuffing and stitched together
4. a feeling of freedom from worry or disappointment
5. satisfaction or physical well-being provided by a person or thing
e.g. his friendship was a comfort
a padded chair was one of the room's few comforts
6. a state of being relaxed and feeling no pain
e.g. he is a man who enjoys his comfort
she longed for the comfortableness of her armchair
7. a freedom from financial difficulty that promotes a comfortable state
e.g. a life of luxury and ease
he had all the material comforts of this world
- 考试英语单词大全 (7本教材) 大学英语2011考研英语核心英语 大学英语考研英语词汇大纲英语 大学英语考博英语 成人英语成人高考专升本英语 成人英语MPA英语 成人英语MBA联考英语 成人英语BEC商务英语
- 出国英语单词大全 (5本教材) 成人英语雅思英语 成人英语托福英语 成人英语GRE英语 成人英语GMAT800分常考英语 成人英语托业英语
- 大学英语单词大全 (13本教材) 大学英语四级英语 大学英语六级英语 大学英语专业四级英语 大学英语专业八级英语 大学英语PETS公共英语一级大纲英语 大学英语PETS公共英语二级大纲英语 大学英语PETS公共英语三级大纲英语 大学英语PETS公共英语四级大纲英语 大学英语PETS公共英语五级大纲英语 新概念英语第一册英语 新概念英语第二册英语 新概念英语第三册英语 新概念英语第四册英语
- 高中英语单词大全 (6本教材) 人教版高一英语 人教版高二英语 人教版高中英语 上海版牛津高中英语 苏教版译林牛津高中英语 高考高频词汇高中英语高考拓展英语
- 初中英语单词大全 (13本教材) 人教版初一英语 人教版初二英语 人教版初三英语 苏教版译林牛津初中英语 广州版初中英语七年级英语 广州版初中英语八年级英语 广州版初中英语九年级英语 上海版牛津初中英语 北京版初中英语 考试英语初中英语中考英语 仁爱版初中英语七年级英语 仁爱版初中英语八年级英语 仁爱版初中英语九年级英语
- 小学英语单词大全 (33本教材) 人教版小学英语三年级英语 人教版小学英语四年级英语 人教版小学英语五年级英语 人教版小学英语六年级英语 苏教版译林牛津小学英语 剑桥少儿幼儿自学英语预备级英语 剑桥少儿幼儿自学英语一级英语 剑桥少儿幼儿自学英语二级英语 剑桥少儿幼儿自学英语三级英语 广州版小学英语三年级英语 广州版小学英语四年级英语 广州版小学英语五年级英语 广州版小学英语六年级英语 北师大版小学英语一年级英语 北师大版小学英语二年级英语 北师大版小学英语三年级英语 北师大版小学英语四年级英语 北师大版小学英语五年级英语 北师大版小学英语六年级英语 外研版新标准(三年级起)小学英语 外研版新标准(一年级起)小学英语 上海版牛津小学英语 新起点小学英语一年级英语 新起点小学英语二年级英语 新起点小学英语三年级英语 新起点小学英语四年级英语 新起点小学英语五年级英语 新起点小学英语六年级英语 深圳版小学英语 新版小学英语三年级英语 新版小学英语四年级英语 新版小学英语五年级英语 新版小学英语六年级英语