fix是什么意思 fix在线翻译 fix什么意思 fix的意思 fix的翻译 fix的解释 fix的发音 fix的同义词 fix的反义词 fix的例句 fix的相关词组
及物动词固定; 修理; 准备; 使牢固
不及物动词固着; 变硬; 安定
名词困境; 定位于; 受操纵的事; 应急措施
1. Let me fix you a drink.
2. He fixed a picture to the wall.
3. Her image was fixed in his mind.
1. Her eyes fixed for a few minutes.
1. Can you get a fix on the submarine?
A：You have a lovely house, Jack.
B：Thank you. Yeah, it's home, but a number of things have been going wrong lately.
A：That's too bad. What problems are you having?
B：Oh, the whole house needs re-painting, for starters. The carpet in the living room is worn out, and I'd like to put in new wall-to-wall carpeting. Last week, I had to call the plumber to fix the toilet. Anyway, all par for the course when you own a house, I guess. I think I'm going to hire an interior decorator to look the place over.
A：I've studied Western home decoration as a hobby. Could I make some suggestions?
B：Go right ahead.
A：Well, I think a crystal chandelier would look great in your living room, and maybe some new drapes for the windows. Also, a grandfather clock would look great in the den. Perhaps you could buy some potted plants for the dining room.
B：Wow! You really do have a talent for this, Ethabella. Thanks for your suggestions.
A：You are welcome, Jack. Glad to be of help.
1. 修订：| | | |+----修订(Fix)版本号(版本号) | +--修正(Modification)版本号发行(Release)版本号VG卷组(Volumn Group)RAM文件系统是引导镜像(Boot Image)的一部分,完全常驻内存,包含了许多能让引导继续的程序.
2. 安装：18 B 逻辑推理词义比较 三天里作者包括接(receive)和打,没有(have)一个电话,也就无从错过(miss)一个电话,更无法安装(fix)电话机了. 19 D 语法规则语句连贯 自作者使用电话亭以来,已经好几天了=作者好几天没有使用过电话亭了.
3. fix：federal internet exchange; 联邦因特网交换机
4. fix：federal interconnection exchange; 联邦内部互连交换机（美国政府各部门的网络连接器）
5. fix：federal information exchange; 联邦信息交换系统（美国）
If something is fixed somewhere, it is attached there firmly or securely.
e.g. It is fixed on the wall...
e.g. Most blinds can be fixed directly to the top of the window-frame...
If you fix something, for example a date, price, or policy, you decide and say exactly what it will be.
e.g. He's going to fix a time when I can see him...
e.g. The date of the election was fixed...
If you fix something for someone, you arrange for it to happen or you organize it for them.
e.g. I've fixed it for you to see Bonnie Lachlan...
e.g. It's fixed. He's going to meet us at the airport...
If you fix something which is damaged or which does not work properly, you repair it.
e.g. He cannot fix the electricity...
e.g. If something is broken, we get it fixed.
If you fix a problem or a bad situation, you deal with it and make it satisfactory.
e.g. It's not too late to fix the problem, although time is clearly getting short...
e.g. Fixing a 40-year-old wrong does not mean, however, that history can be undone.
You can refer to a solution to a problem as a fix .
e.g. Many of those changes could just be a temporary fix.
If you fix your eyes on someone or something or if your eyes fix on them, you look at them with complete attention.
e.g. She fixes her steel-blue eyes on an unsuspecting local official...
e.g. Her soft brown eyes fixed on Kelly...
If you fix someone with a particular kind of expression, you look at them in that way.
e.g. He took her hand and fixed her with a look of deep concern...
e.g. He fixed me with a lopsided grin.
If you fix your attention on someone or something, you think about them with complete attention.
e.g. Fix your attention on the practicalities of financing your schemes...
e.g. Attention is fixed on the stock market...
If someone or something is fixed in your mind, you remember them well, for example because they are very important, interesting, or unusual.
e.g. Leonard was now fixed in his mind...
e.g. Amy watched the child's intent face eagerly, trying to fix it in her mind.
If someone fixes a gun, camera, or radar on something, they point it at that thing.
e.g. The US crew fixed its radar on the Turkish ship...
e.g. The bore of the gun remained fixed on me.
If you fix the position of something, you find out exactly where it is, usually by using radar or electronic equipment.
e.g. He had not been able to fix his position...
e.g. The satellite fixes positions by making repeated observations of each star.
If you get a fix on someone or something, you have a clear idea or understanding of them.
e.g. It's been hard to get a steady fix on what's going on.
If you fix some food or a drink for someone, you make it or prepare it for them.
e.g. Sarah fixed some food for us...
e.g. Let me fix you a drink...
If you fix your hair, clothes, or make-up, you arrange or adjust them so you look neat and tidy, showing you have taken care with your appearance.
e.g. 'I've got to fix my hair,' I said and retreated to my bedroom...
e.g. She called a cab, fixed her face, and scrawled a hasty note to Brian.
If you have your teeth fixed, you have treatment from a dentist to make your teeth even, straight, and white.
e.g. The PR man suggested that I might benefit from getting my teeth fixed...
e.g. I wonder if Tom ever had his teeth fixed anywhere else.
If someone fixes a race, election, contest, or other event, they make unfair or illegal arrangements or use deception to affect the result.
e.g. They offered opposing players bribes to fix a decisive league match against Valenciennes...
e.g. We didn't 'fix' anything. It'll be seen as it happens...
If you accuse someone of fixing prices, you accuse them of making unfair arrangements to charge a particular price for something, rather than allowing market forces to decide it.
e.g. ...a suspected cartel that had fixed the price of steel for the construction market...
e.g. The company is currently in dispute with the government over price fixing.
An injection of an addictive drug such as heroin can be referred to as a fix .
You can use fix to refer to an amount of something which a person gets or wants and which helps them physically or psychologically to survive.
e.g. It turned the country into an 'aid junkie', heavily dependent on its annual fix of dollars...
e.g. I need my fix of sugar, sweets, and chocolate...
If you are in a fix, you are in a difficult situation, especially one that you have caused for yourself.
e.g. He was in a fix...
e.g. The government has really got itself into a fix...
To fix something such as a dye or photographic image means to treat it with chemicals so that it does not lose its colour or disappear.
e.g. Certain pigment colours were painted on to dry plaster using tempera (where egg yolk is used to fix the pigment)...
e.g. The main aim of inbreeding is to standardise, to fix desirable inherited characteristics and to dispel undesirable ones.
If you say that you will fix someone, you mean that you will stop their activities permanently.
e.g. That'll fix him.
If you say that you are fixing to do something, you mean that you are planning or intending to do it.
e.g. I'm fixing to go to graduate school...
e.g. He would know when I was fixing to leave. He'd wait by the front door.
If you fix on a particular thing, you decide that it is the one you want and will have.
e.g. The Vietnamese government has fixed on May 19th to celebrate his anniversary.
If you fix something up, you arrange it.
e.g. I fixed up an appointment to see her...
e.g. Accommodation is never fixed up in advance.
If you fix something up, you do work that is necessary in order to make it more suitable or attractive.
e.g. I've fixed up Matthew's old room...
e.g. The whole block is being fixed up.
If you fix someone up with something they need, you provide it for them.
e.g. We'll fix him up with a tie...
e.g. He was fixed up with a job.
1. a determination of the place where something is
e.g. he got a good fix on the target
2. an exemption granted after influence (e.g., money) is brought to bear
e.g. collusion resulted in tax fixes for gamblers
3. the act of putting something in working order again
4. something craved, especially an intravenous injection of a narcotic drug
e.g. she needed a fix of chocolate
5. informal terms for a difficult situation
e.g. he got into a terrible fix
he made a muddle of his marriage
1. make infertile
e.g. in some countries, people with genetically transmissible disabilites are sterilized
2. restore by replacing a part or putting together what is torn or broken
e.g. She repaired her TV set
Repair my shoes please
3. make ready or suitable or equip in advance for a particular purpose or for some use, event, etc
e.g. Get the children ready for school!
prepare for war
I was fixing to leave town after I paid the hotel bill
4. kill, preserve, and harden (tissue) in order to prepare for microscopic study
5. make fixed, stable or stationary
e.g. let's fix the picture to the frame
6. decide upon or fix definitely
e.g. fix the variables
specify the parameters
7. take vengeance on or get even
e.g. We'll get them!
That'll fix him good!
This time I got him
8. cause to be firmly attached
e.g. fasten the lock onto the door
she fixed her gaze on the man
9. put (something somewhere) firmly
e.g. She posited her hand on his shoulder
deposit the suitcase on the bench
fix your eyes on this spot
10. set or place definitely
e.g. Let's fix the date for the party!
11. prepare for eating by applying heat
e.g. Cook me dinner, please
can you make me an omelette?
fix breakfast for the guests, please
12. influence an event or its outcome by illegal means
e.g. fix a race
- 考试英语单词大全 (7本教材) 大学英语2011考研英语核心英语 大学英语考研英语大纲词汇英语 大学英语考博英语 成人英语成人高考专升本英语 成人英语MPA英语 成人英语MBA联考英语 成人英语BEC商务英语
- 出国英语单词大全 (5本教材) 成人英语雅思英语 成人英语托福英语 成人英语GRE英语 成人英语GMAT800分常考英语 成人英语托业英语
- 大学英语单词大全 (13本教材) 大学英语四级英语 大学英语六级英语 大学英语专业四级英语 大学英语专业八级英语 大学英语PETS公共英语一级大纲英语 大学英语PETS公共英语二级大纲英语 大学英语PETS公共英语三级大纲英语 大学英语PETS公共英语四级大纲英语 大学英语PETS公共英语五级大纲英语 新概念英语第一册英语 新概念英语第二册英语 新概念英语第三册英语 新概念英语第四册英语
- 高中英语单词大全 (6本教材) 人教版高一英语 人教版高二英语 人教版高中英语 上海版牛津高中英语 苏教版译林牛津高中英语 高考高频词汇高中英语高考拓展英语
- 初中英语单词大全 (13本教材) 人教版初一英语 人教版初二英语 人教版初三英语 苏教版译林牛津初中英语 广州版初中英语七年级英语 广州版初中英语八年级英语 广州版初中英语九年级英语 上海版牛津初中英语 北京版初中英语 考试英语初中英语中考英语 仁爱版初中英语七年级英语 仁爱版初中英语八年级英语 仁爱版初中英语九年级英语
- 小学英语单词大全 (33本教材) 人教版小学英语三年级英语 人教版小学英语四年级英语 人教版小学英语五年级英语 人教版小学英语六年级英语 苏教版译林牛津小学英语 剑桥少儿幼儿自学英语预备级英语 剑桥少儿幼儿自学英语一级英语 剑桥少儿幼儿自学英语二级英语 剑桥少儿幼儿自学英语三级英语 广州版小学英语三年级英语 广州版小学英语四年级英语 广州版小学英语五年级英语 广州版小学英语六年级英语 北师大版小学英语一年级英语 北师大版小学英语二年级英语 北师大版小学英语三年级英语 北师大版小学英语四年级英语 北师大版小学英语五年级英语 北师大版小学英语六年级英语 外研版新标准(三年级起)小学英语 外研版新标准(一年级起)小学英语 上海版牛津小学英语 新起点小学英语一年级英语 新起点小学英语二年级英语 新起点小学英语三年级英语 新起点小学英语四年级英语 新起点小学英语五年级英语 新起点小学英语六年级英语 深圳版小学英语 新版小学英语三年级英语 新版小学英语四年级英语 新版小学英语五年级英语 新版小学英语六年级英语