land是什么意思 land在线翻译 land什么意思 land的意思 land的翻译 land的解释 land的发音 land的同义词 land的反义词 land的例句 land的相关词组
名词土地; 陆地; 国家; 地产
及物/不及物动词（使）登岸; 降临; 使陷于（困境）; 使不得不应付
及物动词自船上卸下; 获得; 捕到; 钓到（鱼）
1. land on : 猛烈抨击；
1. The plane will land in five minutes.
2. Hunting without a license will land you in trouble.
3. Richard landed him a blow on the left eye.
1. He owns 300 acres of land.
2. He is tired of his city job and dreams of getting back to the land.
1. land：lan directory; 局域网目录
2. land：logic and; 逻辑和
Land is an area of ground, especially one that is used for a particular purpose such as farming or building.
e.g. Good agricultural land is in short supply.
e.g. ...160 acres of land.
You can refer to an area of land which someone owns as their land or their lands.
e.g. Their home is on his father's land...
e.g. His lands were poorly farmed.
If you talk about the land, you mean farming and the way of life in farming areas, in contrast to life in the cities.
e.g. Living off the land was hard enough at the best of times.
Land is the part of the world that consists of ground, rather than sea or air.
e.g. It isn't clear whether the plane went down over land or sea.
e.g. ...a stretch of sandy beach that was almost inaccessible from the land.
You can use land to refer to a country in a poetic or emotional way.
e.g. Her husband's body lies buried 2,000 miles away in a strange land.
e.g. ...blessed lands of sun and sea and olive trees.
When someone or something lands, they come down to the ground after moving through the air or falling.
e.g. He was sent flying into the air and landed 20ft away...
e.g. Three mortar shells had landed close to a crowd of people.
When someone lands a plane, ship, or spacecraft, or when it lands, it arrives somewhere after a journey.
e.g. The jet landed after a flight of just under three hours...
e.g. He landed his troops on the western shore...
To land goods somewhere means to unload them there at the end of a journey, especially by ship.
e.g. The vessels will have to land their catch at designated ports.
e.g. ...a five-man gang which landed the huge shipment on the Cornwall coast.
If you land in an unpleasant situation or place or if something lands you in it, something causes you to be in it.
e.g. He landed in a psychiatric ward...
e.g. This is not the first time his exploits have landed him in trouble.
If someone or something lands you with a difficult situation, they cause you to have to deal with the difficulties involved.
e.g. The other options simply complicate the situation and could land him with more expense.
If something lands somewhere, it arrives there unexpectedly, often causing problems.
e.g. Two days later the book had already landed on his desk...
e.g. This was the weekend that the war finally landed on their doorstep.
If you land a fish, you succeed in catching it and getting it out of the water.
e.g. One angler landed fish of 10 lb and 9 lb on the same day.
If you land something that is difficult to get and that many people want, you are successful in getting it.
e.g. He landed a place on the graduate training scheme...
e.g. His flair with hair soon landed him a part-time job at his local barbers.
If someone lands a blow or punch or if their blow or punch lands, they hit someone.
e.g. De Leon landed a punch on the Italian's mouth after the end of the eleventh round...
e.g. I could hear the blows landing as he appealed for help.
15. to land on your feet -> see foot
1. agriculture considered as an occupation or way of life
e.g. farming is a strenuous life
there's no work on the land any more
2. the people who live in a nation or country
e.g. a statement that sums up the nation's mood
the news was announced to the nation
the whole country worshipped him
3. a politically organized body of people under a single government
e.g. the state has elected a new president
students who had come to the nation's capitol
the country's largest manufacturer
an industrialized land
4. the territory occupied by a nation
e.g. he returned to the land of his birth
he visited several European countries
5. territory over which rule or control is exercised
e.g. his domain extended into Europe
he made it the law of the land
6. the solid part of the earth's surface
e.g. the plane turned away from the sea and moved back over land
the earth shook for several minutes
he dropped the logs on the ground
7. material in the top layer of the surface of the earth in which plants can grow (especially with reference to its quality or use)
e.g. the land had never been plowed
good agricultural soil
8. extensive landed property (especially in the country) retained by the owner for his own use
e.g. the family owned a large estate on Long Island
9. the land on which real estate is located
e.g. he built the house on land leased from the city
10. a domain in which something is dominant
e.g. the untroubled kingdom of reason
a land of make-believe
the rise of the realm of cotton in the south
1. bring into a different state
e.g. this may land you in jail
2. reach or come to rest
e.g. The bird landed on the highest branch
The plane landed in Istanbul
Synonym: set down
3. cause to come to the ground
e.g. the pilot managed to land the airplane safely
4. shoot at and force to come down
e.g. the enemy landed several of our aircraft
5. arrive on shore
e.g. The ship landed in Pearl Harbor
6. bring ashore
e.g. The drug smugglers landed the heroin on the beach of the island
7. deliver (a blow)
e.g. He landed several blows on his opponent's head
- 考试英语单词大全 (7本教材) 大学英语2011考研英语核心英语 大学英语考研英语大纲词汇英语 大学英语考博英语 成人英语成人高考专升本英语 成人英语MPA英语 成人英语MBA联考英语 成人英语BEC商务英语
- 出国英语单词大全 (5本教材) 成人英语雅思英语 成人英语托福英语 成人英语GRE英语 成人英语GMAT800分常考英语 成人英语托业英语
- 大学英语单词大全 (13本教材) 大学英语四级英语 大学英语六级英语 大学英语专业四级英语 大学英语专业八级英语 大学英语PETS公共英语一级大纲英语 大学英语PETS公共英语二级大纲英语 大学英语PETS公共英语三级大纲英语 大学英语PETS公共英语四级大纲英语 大学英语PETS公共英语五级大纲英语 新概念英语第一册英语 新概念英语第二册英语 新概念英语第三册英语 新概念英语第四册英语
- 高中英语单词大全 (6本教材) 人教版高一英语 人教版高二英语 人教版高中英语 上海版牛津高中英语 苏教版译林牛津高中英语 高考高频词汇高中英语高考拓展英语
- 初中英语单词大全 (13本教材) 人教版初一英语 人教版初二英语 人教版初三英语 苏教版译林牛津初中英语 广州版初中英语七年级英语 广州版初中英语八年级英语 广州版初中英语九年级英语 上海版牛津初中英语 北京版初中英语 考试英语初中英语中考英语 仁爱版初中英语七年级英语 仁爱版初中英语八年级英语 仁爱版初中英语九年级英语
- 小学英语单词大全 (33本教材) 人教版小学英语三年级英语 人教版小学英语四年级英语 人教版小学英语五年级英语 人教版小学英语六年级英语 苏教版译林牛津小学英语 剑桥少儿幼儿自学英语预备级英语 剑桥少儿幼儿自学英语一级英语 剑桥少儿幼儿自学英语二级英语 剑桥少儿幼儿自学英语三级英语 广州版小学英语三年级英语 广州版小学英语四年级英语 广州版小学英语五年级英语 广州版小学英语六年级英语 北师大版小学英语一年级英语 北师大版小学英语二年级英语 北师大版小学英语三年级英语 北师大版小学英语四年级英语 北师大版小学英语五年级英语 北师大版小学英语六年级英语 外研版新标准(三年级起)小学英语 外研版新标准(一年级起)小学英语 上海版牛津小学英语 新起点小学英语一年级英语 新起点小学英语二年级英语 新起点小学英语三年级英语 新起点小学英语四年级英语 新起点小学英语五年级英语 新起点小学英语六年级英语 深圳版小学英语 新版小学英语三年级英语 新版小学英语四年级英语 新版小学英语五年级英语 新版小学英语六年级英语